Education Endowment Foundation
Resource type: CPD resource
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4, KS5
Region(s): All of UK
The Education Endowment Foundation is a charitable trust dedicated to helping teachers and senior leaders raise attainment and close the disadvantage gap. It does this by funding independent evaluations of high-potential projects and programmes, and by producing accessible summaries and recommendations based on the latest educational research.
The Teaching and Learning Toolkit and the Early Years Toolkit provide accessible summaries of education research for over 40 teaching and learning approaches, based on impact, cost and the strength of the available evidence.
The Guidance Reports provide clear, evidence-based recommendations on a range of high priority issues. The key reports for literacy include:
- Preparing for Literacy
- Improving Literacy in Key Stage 1
- Improving Literacy in Key Stage 2
- Reading at the Transition
- Improving Literacy in Secondary Schools
- Pupil Premium Guide
- Making Best Use of Teaching Assistants – Primary and Secondary
- Special Educational Needs in Mainstream Schools.
About the Education Endowment Foundation: The EEF was set up in 2011 by The Sutton Trust, as a lead charity in partnership with Impetus Trust, with additional funding from the Department for Education. Together with The Sutton Trust, the EEF is the government-designated What Works Centre for Education.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- The Families of Schools Database is a benchmarking tool that allows schools to compare the attainment of their disadvantaged students against a ‘family’ of 50 schools from across the country with a similar pupil profile.
- The Promising Projects list provides a useful overview of interventions that have shown positive initial results when trialled.
- Schools can apply to be part of a research project trialling a high-potential idea.
- The News section of the website hosts podcasts, blogs and articles covering a range of issues.
Visit the resource
Contact this resource provider
0207 802 1676
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!