Resource type: CPD course
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2
Region(s): All of UK
Educational consultant and author Jane Considine provides research-informed CPD training that covers reading, writing and spelling from Early Years to KS2. The training is available as in-person conferences in venues across the UK, or as an online course that can be completed at the learner’s own pace. Courses include:
- The Write Stuff: Based on Jane Considine’s best-selling title The Write Stuff, this course provides practical, evidence-based strategies to help teachers improve writing outcomes.
- The Spelling Book Training: Explores how to teac – rather than simply test – spelling, with strategies and activities to engage pupils and improve retention.
- Hooked on Books: The Hooked on Books course provides a clear and practical system to enhance the teaching of reading, improve comprehension skills and foster a positive reading culture in schools.
- Fantastic Foundations – Writing in the Early Years: This course provides EYFS teachers with ideas and strategies on how to nurture and develop young children’s speaking and listening skills as a precursor to writing.
For the latest programme of in-person conferences click here.
One-to-one consultancy via virtual meetings to discuss the specific needs of your school also available.
Cost: Online training courses start from £79.99 for an individual licence. Whole school licences also available. Consultancy costs start from £299 for a one-hour call. One-day conferences cost £179 plus VAT and a booking fee (early bird discounts available).
About Jane Considine Education: Jane Considine is an English consultant with 20 years’ experience of teaching reading and writing in primary schools, and is the author of The Write Stuff and Hooked on Books.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- Flexible, modular online format allows teachers to work training into their own timetable.
- Lifetime access to the online course, including automatic access to future updates.
- Whole school licence is perfect for team training and INSET days.
- Classroom resources such as stickers, posters and assessment cards to support the Hooked on Books, Write Stuff and The Spelling Book approaches are available.