Resource type: Lesson plans and teaching aids, Booklists and book reviews, CPD resource
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, KS2
Region(s): All of UK
CLPE is the National Poetry Centre for Primary Schools and provides a comprehensive bank of resources to support the teaching of poetry in the primary classroom.
The resources cover all aspects of poetry teaching and include:
- Recommended poetry books.
- A bank of individual poems by new and established poets.
- Teaching sequences for a selection of poems.
- Videos of poets performing their poems and talking about their writing process.
- A glossary of poetic forms and devices with supporting examples.
- Effective strategies and approaches to teaching poetry.
- Research into poetry teaching and learning.
The National Poetry Centre for Primary Schools is also the home of CLiPPA (Centre for Literacy in Primary Poetry Award), and the CLiPPA Schools Shadowing Scheme.
Cost: Free with registration.
About Centre for Literacy in Primary Education: CLPE is an independent charity with over 40 years’ experience of providing evidence-based CPD training and high-quality resources to support teachers.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- The National Poetry Centre for Primary Schools is the only dedicated website for children’s poetry in the UK and aims to raise the profile of this under-represented branch of children’s literature.
- A great place to discover new poets as well as work by well-known and established poets.
- CLPE also offers training courses on how to use poetry in the classroom as part of its CPD programme.
Visit the resource
020 7401 3382/3
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!