Resource type: Lesson plans and teaching aids, Booklists and book reviews, CPD resource
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, KS2
Region(s): All of UK
CLPE is the National Poetry Centre for Primary Schools and provides a comprehensive bank of resources to support the teaching of poetry in the primary classroom.
The resources cover all aspects of poetry teaching and include:
- Recommended poetry books.
- A bank of individual poems by new and established poets.
- Teaching sequences for a selection of poems.
- Videos of poets performing their poems and talking about their writing process.
- A glossary of poetic forms and devices with supporting examples.
- Effective strategies and approaches to teaching poetry.
- Research into poetry teaching and learning.
Cost: Free with registration.
About Centre for Literacy in Primary Education: CLPE is an independent charity with over 40 years’ experience of providing evidence-based CPD training and high-quality resources to support teachers.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- The National Poetry Centre for Primary Schools is the only dedicated website for children’s poetry in the UK and aims to raise the profile of this under-represented branch of children’s literature.
- A great place to discover new poets as well as work by well-known and established poets.
- CLPE also offers training courses on how to use poetry in the classroom as part of its CPD programme.
Visit the resource
020 7401 3382/3
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!