CLiPPA Shadowing Scheme
Resource type: Book awards
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3
Region(s): All of UK
The CLiPPA Shadowing Scheme is an integral part of the Centre for Literacy in Primary Poetry Award and provides the opportunity for teachers and pupils to explore the work of the best contemporary poets for children.
CLPE provides free teaching sequences for each of the CLiPPA shortlisted titles to support teachers and help them engage young people through reading, performing and writing poetry. Schools can also choose to submit videos of pupils performing a favourite poem from one of the shortlisted collections for the chance to be selected to perform live at the award ceremony. Performances can be by individuals or groups of pupils and the shadowing scheme judges will choose one winning performance for each shortlisted collection.
See the shortlist for the CLiPPA 2023 here.
- Schools can register for the Shadowing Scheme here.
- The CLiPPA shortlist was announced on 3rd May at a live, online event featuring performances by all the shortlisted poets. See the recording of the event here.
- The Shadowing Scheme 2023 runs from 15th May to 15th June.
- The winning Shadowing Schools perform at the CLiPPA Award ceremony on 10th July.
Cost: Free with registration
About Centre for Literacy in Primary Education: CLPE is an independent charity with over 40 years’ experience of providing evidence-based CPD training and high-quality resources to support teachers.
- Find teaching sequences for past CLiPPA shortlisted poetry collections here.
- Read a blog by Headteacher Sonia Thompson describing how her pupils benefit from taking part in the Shadowing Scheme.
- The National Poetry Centre for Primary Schools website hosts a range of teaching resources, videos and poetry recommendations to support the teaching of poetry in primary schools.
- Poetry by Heart is a national poetry speaking competition open to pupils in KS2 through to KS5 that takes place in the Spring Term.
- National Poetry Day takes place in October and the website provides a range of resources to support this annual celebration of poetry.
- The Poetry Society provides a range of teaching resources on their website and offers a service matching poets with schools that would like to run poetry workshops.
- Encourage your pupils to write their own poetry with one of the poetry writing competitions for primary and secondary pupils.
Visit the resource
Contact this resource provider
020 7401 3382/3
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!