Resource type: Book awards, Projects, programmes and workshops
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, KS2
Region(s): All of UK
The CLiPPA Shadowing Scheme is an integral part of the Centre for Literacy in Primary Poetry Award and provides the opportunity for pupils to explore and engage with the work of the shortlisted poets.
CLPE provides free teaching sequences and videos for all CLiPPA shortlisted titles. The resources focus on the appreciation, performance and writing of poetry. Schools can then choose to submit videos of pupils performing a favourite poem from one of the shortlisted collections for the chance to be selected to perform live at the award ceremony. Performances can be by individuals or groups of pupils and the shadowing scheme judges will choose one winning performance for each collection.
- Schools can register for the Shadowing Scheme until 16th May.
- The 2022 Shadowing Scheme runs from 17th May to 15th June. All videos of pupil performances must be entered by 15th June.
- The winning Shadowing Schools will perform at the 2022 CLiPPA award ceremony on 8th July in the Queen Elizabeth Hall, London.
About Centre for Literacy in Primary Education: CLPE is an independent charity with over 40 years’ experience of providing evidence-based CPD training and high-quality resources to support teachers.
- Find teaching sequences for past CLiPPA shortlisted poetry collections here.
- Read a blog by Headteacher Sonia Thompson describing how her pupils benefit from taking part in the Shadowing Scheme.
- The National Poetry Centre for Primary Schools website hosts a range of teaching resources, videos and poetry recommendations to support the teaching of poetry in primary schools.
- Poetry by Heart is a national poetry speaking competition open to pupils in KS2 through to KS5.
- National Poetry Day takes place in October and the website provides a range of resources to support this annual celebration of poetry.
- The Poetry Society provides a range of teaching resources on their website and offers a service matching poets with schools that would like to run poetry workshops.
- Young Writers runs regular poetry writing competitions for primary and secondary pupils all through the year.
Visit the resource
020 7401 3382/3
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!