The Week Junior
From Future Publishing
Resource type: Newspapers, magazines and comics
Price band: £
Key stage: KS2, KS3
Region(s): All of UK
The Week Junior is an award-winning weekly news and current affairs magazine designed to help children aged 8-14 make sense of the world and encourage them to engage in discussion and debate.
As well as the week’s top news stories from the UK and abroad, The Week Junior runs features on science and technology and a range of other curriculum subjects. Fun facts about the animal kingdom, the latest from the worlds of sport and entertainment, hands-on activities to try, and weekly quizzes encourage reading for pleasure and ensure that everyone can find something to interest them.
Cost: From £54 for a single copy delivered every week during term time.
About Future Publishing: The Week Junior is part of Future plc, an international media group and leading digital publisher with a portfolio of brands that span a range of specialist interests.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- ‘The Big Debate’ feature provides an opportunity for students to consider opposing sides of an argument, hone their debating skills, and form their own opinions on a topical issue.
- A great way to encourage discussion about what counts as news and how to spot misinformation and ‘fake news’.
- Colourful magazine format and real-world content can engage struggling or reluctant readers, while in-depth articles can be used to extend more confident readers.
- The Week Junior website provides free access to an archive of articles, fact files and videos to support comprehension, writing, research or vocabulary work.
- Unlock the fascinating world of STEM with monthly sister publication The Week Junior Science + Nature.
Visit the resource
Contact this resource provider
0330 333 9495
Rate this resource
Click on the star to rate it!