Resource type: CPD resource
Price band: £
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4, KS5
Region(s): All of UK
The aim of the UKLA is to inform and support professionals concerned with the development of language, literacy and communication by providing a forum for dialogue, access to research, and helping to inform national policy.
The work of the UKLA covers 5 main areas:
- Special Interest Groups and networks, covering topics such as Teaching Writing, and Literacy and Multilingualism.
- Resources and publications, available to download or buy from the UKLA Bookshop.
- Research – members are eligible to apply for grants of up to £3000.
- UKLA Awards, including the UKLA Book Awards, the only children’s book awards voted for by teachers.
- National and international conferences.
Membership includes free access to Literacy Journals and copies of English 4-11 Magazine, free web resources, discounts on UKLA books and conferences, and involvement in the UKLA Book Awards.
Cost: £65 per year for individual membership (discounts for students and others available). School membership £85 per year.
About UK Literacy Association: The UKLA is a registered charity dedicated to informing and supporting all those concerned with the development of language, literacy and communication.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- Membership of the UKLA provides access to the latest research and developments in literacy, as well as the opportunity to share your own practice and research.
- Non-members can access a selection of free online resources and webinars.