Resource type: Lesson plans and teaching aids, CPD resource
Price band: Free
Key stage: KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4, KS5
Region(s): All of UK
Membership of the National Literacy Trust provides access to a wide range of benefits depending on membership level. These include:
- Free online training courses.
- Teaching resources and lesson plans.
- School improvement tools and best practice.
- Discounts on NLT literacy training and CPD, as well as discounts from partners such as Browns Books for Students, First News, Britannica Magazine, The Day and the Beano.
Cost: Basic membership is free. School membership costs £100 per year.
About National Literacy Trust: NLT is an independent literacy charity working with schools and communities to give disadvantaged children the literacy skills to succeed in life. The charity runs literacy programmes, CPD training courses for teachers, and provides online resources and tools to its members. It also undertakes research into all aspects of literacy and campaigns to raise awareness of literacy issues.
Literacy Hive Likes:
- School membership allows all members of staff to access the full range of resources.
- School membership entitles you to use the ‘Working with NLT’ logo across all school communications to demonstrate your school’s commitment to literacy.